The Great Book of Lists – Chapter 2.3 – The Soundtrack of My Life
Because I am like every other warm-blooded human being, I am influenced heavily by music. So because this could get very long and unwieldy otherwise, I’m doing my list this week with music that exists only on other soundtracks. The showtunes, symphonies, scores that mean the most to me.
- Part of Your World | The Little Mermaid | Alan Menkin and Howard Ashman
- The song I ran around singing as a three year old, charming the pants off of all of my parent’s friends. High-five you little toddler ham.
- The Rite of Spring | Fantasia | Igor Stravinsky
- The first symphonic work I fell in love with. Thanks weird Dinosaur thing!
- The Throne Room | Star Wars IV : A New Hope | John Williams
- The soundtrack of my childhood, and the song I tried so desperately to learn on the piano to impress my harpy of a teacher.
- O Fortuna | Carmina Burana | Carl Orff
- The symphony I sang in when my parents realized I might be better off in a choir than playing piano with an evil mythical creature.
- I Could’ve Danced All Night | My Fair Lady | Frederick Loewe and Alan Jay Lerner
- The Musical I always dreamed of performing in, but never did.
- Lets Hear it For the Boy | Footloose | Deniece Williams
- The Musical I never dreamed of being in, but got stuck in anyway.
- Elephant Love Medley | Moulin Rouge! | Various
- The song and movie that I met some of my best friends nerding over.
- Jurassic Park Theme | Jurassic Park | John Williams
- The most nostalgic song of my childhood & the processional at my wedding.
- Concerning Hobbits | The Fellowship of the Ring | Howard Shore
- The song I got married to.
- Right Hand Man | Hamilton | Lin-Manuel Miranda
- The song I can’t get out of my head, from the show I’m going to see in 2 hours.
The Great Book of Lists is a 52-week list making project with the objective to “reflect your happiness, your hopes, your project, your inclinations, the person you were, the person you long to become.