February ended up going better than expected, reading wise. I read more titles than planned, though the overall page count was far lower than January (4300 vs. 3000, thanks Goodreads stat exporter!). I again chalk this up to a lack of my own creative writing, some more lame weather, and my desire to be really lazy when it comes to my exercising endeavors. But I have a race in 3 weeks so I should probably knock that off right quick… Anyway, time for my monthly Shelf Status update!
- Favorite Book of the Month : A Darker Shade of Magic
- Least Favorite Book of the Month : Frankenstein, or maybe Trillium. Didn’t hate either, not even close. Both just sort left me underwhelmed.
- Favorite Highlight : “The librarian will be disciplined, of course.” Galder looked sideways at him. “Nothing drastic,” he said. “Withold his bananas, perhaps.” From The Light Fantastic, because we Librarians love our bananas.
- Everyone Should Read : Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone . Seriously. There are people who haven’t read this yet. Weirdos. You don’t even need to grab the illustrated version if you don’t want. Just read it.
- Topic That I’m Now Obsessed With : Discworld. I want to read more more more… but my TBR stack has something like 45 books on it. I’m gonna hold myself to one a month so that I can pare down the rest of these volumes too, but I’m not sure if that resolve will last.
- New (to me) Author I Want to Read More Of : Mindy Kaling. Her book, Why Not Me?was incredibly funny and I hope to read her earlier book (and anything else she eventually publishes).
- New (to me) Author I Think I’ll Skip From Now On : None really. This month was a pretty solid group.
- Looking Forward To Reading : Persuasion by Jane Austen. I’m planning on diving in to that for my March Classics Challenge pick, and I’ve never read it before. I’ve seen so much raving about it.
- Reading Challenge Status : Still looking mighty fine. I’m insanely far ahead on my yearly goal of 52, though I know my reading time will be dropping off soon. I read 2 Classics for the Pretty Books Challenge, I have even more time periods checked off of the list, and even more locations. I’m also totally up to date on reviews! So far so good 2016!
Full List of Books Completed
- A Darker Shade of Magic
- Dune Messiah
- Wolf Hall
- The Color Purple
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Illustrated)
- The Big Short
- Why Not Me?
- The Light Fantastic
How did your month of reading go? Have a book or quote that totally blew your mind? Let me know in the comments!