Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This Week’s Topic : 10 Books You Read on a Whim
We’ve all done it. We’ve passed a book sale somewhere or got an e-mail from Kindle daily deals, saw something interesting and grabbed it without knowing a damn thing about it. Sometimes it turns out well, and sometimes… well… there was a reason that book was 90% off.
But we’re not going to talk about the bad ones today, just the good! Here are the top ten books I picked up on a whim, sometimes for no good reason.
- The Book of the Dead – Discounted at B&N. Got me into the Pendergast series, albeit totally out of order.
- Doctor Strange – Late night kindle browsing while inflicted with food poisoning. It was a good half-conscious choice.
- The Revenant – I was vaguely aware there was a move coming out, but that was about it.
- The Rook – It advertises a person who changed bodies That can’t be bad, right?
- A Discovery of Witches – I liked the cover and it was on sale.
- Deluxe : How Luxury Lost Its Luster – I also liked the cover.
- Fun Home : A Family Tragicomic – “This is the person who invented the Bechdel test, right?”
- The Stranger – A horribly beat up copy was donated to the library I worked at, and it looked short.
- Under the Banner of Heaven – Another book bin donation. I used to end up with a lot of books that way (we couldn’t resell or catalog them).
- Timeline – My dad had it on a bookshelf and it had a knight on the cover.