Not a bad month really. 7 Books? Sure. Considering it was still summer, a season filled to the brim with activities. I’m 100% alright with that total.
- Favorite Book of the Month : The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother was a book that was unexpectedly fascinating to me. I’ve recommended it to about a million people since finishing, and I can easily say it was my favorite title of the month. Guards, Guards was a close second, and it sitting near the top of my Discworld rankings list.
- Least Favorite Book of the Month : Sadly that “award” goes to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It just underwhelmed, nothing more to say 😦
- Favorite Highlight : “A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.”- Guards, Guards!
- Everyone Should Read : The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. Even if you aren’t a parent, or ever intend to be a parent, it was still an astounding book.
- Topic That I’m Now Obsessed With : Viruses and vampires, apparently. I started reading both Inferno and The Passage at the end of August, and just started The Strain. So it looks like that is my topic of choice right now…
- New (to me) Author I Want to Read More Of : Bernard Cornwell was my only new author of the month, and I would definitely read more of the Saxon Stories series.
- New (to me) Author I Think I’ll Skip From Now On : None!
- Looking Forward To Reading : I mentioned earlier that I started Justin Cronin’s The Passage. I’m not incredibly far in yet (it’s around 800 pages) but am enjoying the hell out of it. I’m excited to keep working through that one, and to listen through The Strain and its series while I continue training for this marathon. Only 6 months to go…
- Reading Challenge Status :
- The Goodreads goal of 52 – Complete and already about 15 books over.
- Pretty Books Challenge – The Three Musketeers is my monthly contribution for that one. I’m undecided on September’s classic… maybe 1984 finally?
- Read About Where – Just more Europe. Too much Europe. I still have to read a book from Australia or the Pacific Islands, as well as one from my favorite place I’ve been. I’m struggling even deciding what the latter is, I like too many places!
- When are You Reading – Is complete! I only had two time periods to go, pre-1500 and the 1600s, and The Last Kingdom and The Three Musketeers got those finished off for me. Victory!
- Review Writing Challenge – I haven’t done my review for Guards, Guards yet, but otherwise it’s all good.
Full List of Books Completed
Congratulation on finishing When Are You Reading! I have one period to go still, 1600s. It’s harder to find than I thought! I always struggle with this one. Happy reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person