I’m dispensing with my normal Shelf Status process for November, as I completed exactly two books, and both were from the same urban fantasy series. Not an especially thrilling recap.
November was… complicated. It kicked off the start of the advanced classes for my MBA program. It saw the end of seven months of marathon training. The curling season hit its full stride. Far away friends came to visit. And through all that, I somehow managed to complete another NaNoWriMo Project. Needless to say, it was a mess of a month. And unfortunately, December isn’t looking much better. NaNoWriMo is over and my knee is still too wobbly to run on, but in their place I have holidays and travel and even more school. Can you tell I’m ready to be done with school? When I finish it will top off 9 years of college and grad school and I have a disgusting suspicion that I won’t even be done then. As much as I complain about school I’d be a full-time student for the rest of my life if someone would pay me to do it!
Anyway, in lieu of a monthly recap, here are my goals for December :
- Finish my monthly Discworld titles. I still haven’t closed out Moving Pictures, so I’ll need to do that plus two more.
- Read a classic. Just one.
- Not play too much Mass Effect. I’m just really excited about the new game and my brain is so friend that I’m falling down the BioWare rabbit hole to compensate for real life right now.
Also, try not to romance Garrus for once?Impossible.
- Get all of my homework done ahead of time so I don’t need to waste time on vacation sitting in a hotel on my laptop.
- Recap my NaNoWriMo experience.
Not a very exciting list, but I only have 2.5 weeks to complete it… so when you put it in that perspective…