July wasn’t the most fantastic month for reading. In fact, I only managed five books, which ties June for the lowest number read. But! It stands out as the month that I completed War and Peace. So there’s that. Victory! Kind of!?!
- Favorite Book of the Month : Though it was a small month for reading, I genuinely enjoyed everything that I got through, so this is a tough call. I’m going to have to give it to War and Peace though, just because the absurd sense of achievement that I have from it. Four way tie for the silver though.
- Least Favorite Book of the Month : I don’t have one- I really enjoyed them all. What is happening?
- Favorite Highlight : “Pierre was right when he said that one must believe in the possibility of happiness in order to be happy, and I now believe in it. Let the dead bury the dead, but while I’m alive, I must live and be happy.”- War and Peace
- Everyone Should Read : Saga. Since I know 1,200 pages of Russian lit is a hard sell I’m going to to go with Saga as my recommendation this month. It’s a comic unlike anything else.
- Topic That I’m Now Obsessed With : Comics. After reading the new Saga and the Avatar novel I went and added about 15 more trade paperbacks to my wish list. But I need to stop spending money 😦
- New (to me) Author I Want to Read More Of : Andrzej Sapkowski. I would read more of the Witcher books for sure.
- New (to me) Author I Think I’ll Skip From Now On : None!
- Looking Forward To Reading : A billion different things on my TBR stack. The physical shelf is actually full so I just gotta start knocking things down one by one.
- Reading Challenge Status :
- The Goodreads goal of 52 – Complete and already about 10 books over.
- Pretty Books Challenge – I finished War and Peace.
- Read About Where & When are You Reading – Didn’t add much besides War and Peace, but I have Europe and the 19th century covered a million times already.
- Review Writing Challenge – Just needs a final note on War and Peace but otherwise we’re golden!
Full List of Books Completed
July was my heavy travel month, and August looks to be a bit better for time. I already have two books finished and a third getting close so I might actually have more to write about next time! Yay!