- Little Penguins are the smallest penguins. I would hope so.
- Nicobar Pigeons are the closest living relatives to Dodos. I don’t see the resemblance.
- Greater Flamingos can live for quite a while. The oldest captive bird was at least 83 years old.
- Golden Conure hatchlings have to be protected from murderous… Toucans?
- Salmon Crested Cockatoos raise their crests when threatened. Obviously, I’m not very scary.
- The Victoria Crowned Pigeon is the largest pigeon in the world. For contrast, they can weigh up to 7.5lbs. I normal old city dwelling Rock Pigeon generally weights less than 1lb!
I’m not dead…. just exhausted from grad school and marathon training. All pictures from the Cincinnati Zoo, which I went to over a month ago and holy cow busy life.