Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This Week’s Question : What are the Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR
My TBR list broke 100 titles this past week. Thankfully I don’t have that many actually purchased yet, but that particular subset is getting a bit hefty as well.
So what have I added recently to that dreaded and never-ending shelf? And why aren’t there more hours in the day? Can I live a healthy life on just three hours of sleep? These important questions demand answers.
- The Mysterious Affair of Styles by Agatha Christie : Because somehow I’ve gone this long ins life not reading her mysteries? I feel wrong.
- The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke : Because there is no sequel yet to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell and I need it like air.
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman : Because I’ve been watching The Expanse on SyFy and they’ve been running ads for the television series and it looks fun and I have a weak mind for advertising apparently.
- John Adams by David McCullough : Because I just finished one monstrous biography of a founding father and now I need more perspectives. More!
- A Contract With God by Will Eisner : Because the Graphic Novel class my friend teaches uses this for a book and I feel like I should read it.
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson : Because I’m nearly done with The Way of Kings and it is finally getting really interesting.
- Kon Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl : Because I stole it from my dad for a cataloging assignment in library school five years ago but never actually read it.
- Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak : Because I started my Russian lessons again and I’ve got the bug bite for literature.
- The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma : Because it showed up on a million “best of 2015” lists and the summary looked intriguing.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas : Because it looks like a YA book I might like, and the collective voice of the internet keeps yelling at me to read it.