The Great Book of Lists – Chapter 3.2 – Acts of Love
The Great Book of Lists – Chapter 3.3 – Ways to Celebrate
How do you show your loved ones you care ? What are the ways we generally celebrate ?
The prompt this week is a double reflection, and they fit quite well together when you think about. Or, at least they do in my mental plane. How do we both celebrate our feelings for others, as well as the accomplishments of ourselves and our loved ones?
- Food – Either making it myself or going out for a nice meal at a favorite spot (or somewhere brand new!)
- Presents – I enjoy buying gifts for the people I care about. Sure, they are normally books, or strange animal-related things, but giving something that will be cherished and appreciated is an awesome feeling.
- Toasts – Buying a drink to celebrate, trying out a new cocktail, sampling a beer flight, and lifting a glass in cheers
- Experiences – A hike in the woods, a play on stage, or an adventure through a foreign place. Celebrating by doing something with another person creates memories that can often last longer than a physical gift.
- Tuning Out – This one is more for the celebration prompt only, but sometimes you just need to reward your accomplishments by disappearing with a good book, a video game binge, or an all day Netflix marathon.
The Great Book of Lists is a 52-week list making project with the objective to “reflect your happiness, your hopes, your project, your inclinations, the person you were, the person you long to become.” Join us!