Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This Week’s Topic : 10 Characters you’d like to revisit as adults
How many times have you read a book and thought… dang, that kid is probably going to have some issues? Or… wow, so what’d they end up doing after getting out of that mess?
This week I’m looking at all of those kids who I’d love to check in with after they aged a few years. How are the feeling? Is their life even remotely normal? Heck, are they even still alive?
Spoilers for like… a lot of things?
- The entire child/teenage cast of the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympics books : Ok, so you’re going to Demigod college… is that even accredited? What kind of career does that prepare you for? There is no way that one valley and one camp can support jobs for every single Demigods that pops up, right? Will most of them even live to adulthood with the high mortality rate of their folk?
- The infants from The Stand : 99.4% of Earth’s population is dead. But thankfully a few kids make their way into the world over the course of Stephen King’s monstrous epic. Did any of them catch Captain Tripps? Did they even survive the wastelands? Have they become leaders in a new society decades after Flagg?
- Elanor Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings : We know that Samwise left Middle Earth at the age of 102, entrusting her with the Red Book before presumably sailing to chill with Frodo and the Elves in Grey Havens. But how did Elanor feel about that? And her siblings? How do you grow up with your dad being like, the savior of the world… only to have him wander off again forever?
- Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire : I mean, provided she lives through it all, what the hell will her life be life? And how much of her own humanity will be left?
- Rickon Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire : Because I’m pretty sure most readers have forgotten about him by now. My bet on his future career is Unicorn-riding circus performer.
- Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter : We know who he marries, and what his professional end game is, but how did he get there? I just wanna sit down and have a cup of tea with the almost-boy-of-prophecy.
So who would you want to check in with years later?